CLOSET INSTALLER – updated January 2022
We are adding to our shop and installation teams. Main duties will be assisting with installations and deliveries.
This position is full-time hourly based pay with benefits. Carpentry experience is a plus. Tools are provided.
Benefits offered to our full-time installers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account (FSA), 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation time, and employee assistance programs.
INSTALLER RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Installing closet systems, cabinets, and garage systems.
- Reading design plan/layout
- Loading and unloading work vans
- Delivering to and preparing job site for design installation
- Assembling parts for installation
- Lifting heavy objects
- Assisting in shop production as needed
- Operating company vehicles and machines safely
- Provide high quality customer service
- Able to communicate effectively at jobsite with customers
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Available Monday – Friday, plus some weekends
Note to subcontractors: Carefree does not hire subcontractors to install our products for our customers.
OFFICE ASSISTANT – updated January 2022
We are seeking an office assistant at Carefree Design Center’s production office. The production office for Carefree Design Center coordinates the building, scheduling, and installation of custom-designed closets, garages, and office units for custom home builders and homeowners. Our production office is a warehouse and shop working environment. The office assistant position will assist with customer service, clerical, and administrative support. Working hours are from 9 am – 4 pm Monday – Friday.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT – updated January 2022
Sarasota, FL – Carefree Design Center is looking for Sales/Design Consultants to join our team.
We are looking for sales/design professionals, who have an entrepreneurial mindset to develop and grow their client base, with the skills and the drive to meet sales goals. Must be self-motivated and have the desire to provide excellent customer service.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively and consistently follow-up with clients before and after the sale.
- Make site visits to clients to provide complete design consultation.
- Determine the client’s goals, budget, and requirements.
- Create and sell design solutions.
- Able to handle the physical requirements of stooping, reaching, and kneeling to assess and measure the client’s space.
- Accurately take measurements and note room details and obstacles.
- Sketch preliminary design plans to submit for CAD renderings.
- Submit design and production orders by referring to pricing lists and product literature.
- Resolve customer complaints by reporting to management and monitoring resolution.
- Manage a client base that covers Sarasota and Manatee counties.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing industry publications, establishing personal networks, and keeping aware of new trends and products in our industry.
- Use technology to drive your sales by marketing your own design successes and building your portfolio of work.
- Dress for success while meeting and interacting with clients.
We offer competitive commission-based pay for our Sales/Design Consultants. This position has flexibility to work remotely with traveling to customer locations for sales introductions, consultations, and/or measuring site layout. Our production center is open Monday – Friday from 9 – 4, where Sales/Design Consultants use these hours to schedule any showroom appointments and to meet with production to discuss and review project details. Sales/Design Consultants maintain and organize their schedule to meet sales goals.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Artistic ability – a sense of style, to develop designs that look great and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Creativity – imaginative in creating a space that serves the client’s needs and fit the client’s lifestyle and parameters.
- Detail-oriented – precise in measuring interior spaces and review final design drawings for accuracy.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills- able to communicate effectively with clients and with staff in the production center.
- Problem-solving skills – address challenges that may arise during the design, manufacturing, and installation process.
- Space planning and Visualization skills- a strong sense of proportion and visual awareness.
- Sales, Prospecting, and Marketing skills – self-driven to follow up on leads and close sales.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Auto insurance and valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Have own reliable transportation to and from the client’s site.
- Three to five years of customer service or sales experience.
- Degree or training in creative arts or interior design is a plus.
- Basic computer skills using MS Office and email are required.
- Knowledge or experience in space planning or CAD design programs is a plus.
Applicants can demonstrate their professional skills by submitting a letter of interest along with a resume. If you have previous work experience in a design-related field, please include examples of past work.