Sarasota, FL – Carefree Design Center is looking for Sales/Design Consultants to join our team. We are a local custom closet design firm that has been in business for over 30 years. Our production center designs, manufactures, and installs our own products. Our designers are not limited to custom closets but also design other organizational and space-saving systems. We work closely with our clients to achieve a design that meets their needs and project requirements. Our clientele includes residential customers, custom home builders, interior designers, and professional organizers.
We are looking for sales/design professionals, who have an entrepreneurial mindset to develop and grow their client base, with the skills and the drive to meet sales goals. Must be self-motivated and have the desire to provide excellent customer service.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively and consistently follow-up with clients before and after the sale.
- Make site visits to clients to provide complete design consultation.
- Determine the client’s goals, budget, and requirements.
- Create and sell design solutions.
- Able to handle the physical requirements of stooping, reaching, and kneeling to assess and measure the client’s space.
- Accurately take measurements and note room details and obstacles.
- Sketch preliminary design plans to submit for CAD renderings.
- Submit design and production orders by referring to pricing lists and product literature.
- Resolve customer complaints by reporting to management and monitoring resolution.
- Manage a client base that covers Sarasota and Manatee counties.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing industry publications, establishing personal networks, and keeping aware of new trends and products in our industry.
- Use technology to drive your sales by marketing your own design successes and building your portfolio of work.
- Dress for success while meeting and interacting with clients.
We offer competitive commission-based pay and performance-based bonuses. Sales/Design Consultants work remotely and adjust their workday to suit client schedules. Our production center is open Monday – Friday from 9 – 4, where Sales/Design Consultants use these hours to schedule their showroom appointments and to meet with production to discuss and review project details.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Artistic ability – a sense of style, to develop designs that look great and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Creativity – imaginative in creating a space that serves the client’s needs and fit the client’s lifestyle and parameters.
- Detail-oriented – precise in measuring interior spaces and review final design drawings for accuracy.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills- able to communicate effectively with clients and with staff in the production center.
- Problem-solving skills – address challenges that may arise during the design, manufacturing, and installation process.
- Space planning and Visualization skills- a strong sense of proportion and visual awareness.
- Sales, Prospecting, and Marketing skills – self-driven to follow up on leads and close sales.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Auto insurance and valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Have own reliable transportation to and from the client’s site.
- Three to five years of customer service or sales experience.
- Degree or training in creative arts or interior design is a plus.
- Basic computer skills using MS Office and email are required.
- Knowledge or experience in space planning or CAD design programs is a plus.
Applicants can demonstrate their professional skills by submitting a letter of interest along with a resume. If you have previous work experience in a design-related field, please include examples of past work.
Submit letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org